My Guide Website?
Family Tour of Copenhagen Old Town, Nyhavn with Boat Cruise
Make history fun on a family-friendly tour of Copenhagen’s Old Town. Discover historic landmarks, the best attractions and activities for children with a Private Guide. Optional: canal boat cruise.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Copenhagen:If youʻre booking your trip to Copenhagen last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy a family friendly tour of Copenhagen with a 5-Star Private Guide
- Learn local history, legends & fairy tales through play &activities for children
- Explore the Old Town and see historic landmarks and top tourist attractions
- Keep your kids entertained at playground in the National Museum-3 & 4 Hour only
- See 4x more sights on the Copenhagen canal cruise (4-hour option only)
DescriptionLooking for the best things to do in Copenhagen for families with children? Look no further, book our family tour of the Old Town and Nyhavn to make history fun and avoid boredom. Discover the highlights and hidden gems of Copenhagen, the city that inspired the magical world of H.C. Andersen. Learn through play and create unforgettable memories for both adults and children! Book a 2-hour private family tour to discover Copenhagen's Old Town and Nyhavn. You will meet your Private Guide in the City Hall Square, which features the intriguing Dragespringvandet fountain and the Statue of Andersen, one of the most famous authors of children’s storybooks. The guide will be more than happy to tell you where in Copenhagen you can experience Andersen’s fairy tales, and to give you useful tips on visiting the popular Tivoli Gardens. This walking tour is designed to keep our kids entertained through fun stories, riddles and activities that will inspire them to learn about Danish history, legends and fairytales. You will see architectural highlights such as the Copenhagen Cathedral, learn about famous Danish astronomers in front of the Round Tower - Europe’s oldest observatory, and enjoy a stroll around the King’s Garden. The tour will pass King’s New Square and end in Nyhavn, a colorful waterfront canal with wooden ships and the Memorial Anchor. Book a 3-hour private family tour to discover Copenhagen's Old Town and Nyhavn and visit the Children’s Museum inside the National Museum of Denmark. Tickets are included. At the museum, adults and older children can enjoy amazing exhibitions on cultural history, and younger kids (4-10 years old) can experience an interactive adventure at the indoor playground with a Viking house, medieval kitchen, a castle and other fun attractions. Your guide will help you learn through play! Choose the 4-hour option to receive tickets for a 1-hour canal boat cruise with audio guide and discover Copenhagen's Old Town, Nyhavn and the Children’s Museum inside the National Museum of Denmark with a Private Guide. After a 3-hour walking tour, your guide will take you to the dock in Nyhavn where you will board a state-of-art boat that will take you on a relaxing cruise on Copenhagen’s canals. You will see highlights such as the old naval base of Holmen, the Little Mermaid statue, Amalienborg Palace and the picturesque Christianshavn’s Canal with Our Saviour’s Church with the famous, twisted spire. It will be a magical experience for both adults and children!
IncludesPrivate Family-Friendly Walking Tour of Copenhagen Old Town Highlights (number of attractions depends on the selected option) 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in the language selected when booking Skip-the-line ticket to National Museum and Children Museum (3 and 4-hour options only) Tickets for a 1-hour canal boat cruise with audio guide (4-hour option only) Tips on the best local restaurants, shops and places of interest
- Please check your email the day before the tour for important information. Please note that the number of attractions depends on the selected option. Cruise and National Museum tickets are not included in a 2-hour tour. Pre-booked tickets to the National Museum of Denmark allow you to skip the line to the ticket office but not to the entrance and ticket control. Admission is for permanent exhibitions, including Children’s Museum. Please arrive on time as delays may cause you to miss your cruise departure time. The guide will not join you on the cruise. You will be escorted all the way to the dock and given a cruise ticket with all the necessary information. The cruise audio guide (or the Capitan’s commentary) is available in English, German and Danish. For the best experience, we will limit the group size to 23 guests per guide, so that everyone can get personal attention, ask questions and hear commentary clearly. We can arrange additional guides for larger groups.