My Guide Website?
Copenhagen: Small-Group Hygge and Happiness Culture Tour57 Reviews
Explore Copenhagen by foot on a small-group tour, seeing charming neighborhoods, and tasting your way through traditional foods. Enjoy living out the concept of “hygge,” emblematic of the Danish culture.
- Find out what makes Danes tick and why hygge is so important
- Admire this beautiful city and that special Danish vibe
- Discover the history of Denmark and its local culture
- Savor Danish treats
DescriptionEmbark on a 3.5-hour walking tour of Copenhagen. Get to the root of hygge, and get to know Danish culture. The concept of hygge is hard to describe, but easy to experience. See why Danes are some of the world’s happiest people, and experience hygge for yourself. “Hygge” is a concept that is an all-encompassing ingredient for the Danish way of life. Set out on a slow-paced walking tour with a born-and-raised local to appreciate this unique Copenhagen vibe. Glimpse this concept from a local perspective, and recognize why hygge is so important in today’s society. Begin the tour in the charming neighborhood of Nyboder, a local gem beloved by residents for its irresistible calmness. Here, start with introductions, and get close with those of whom you’ll experience hygge. Afterwards, amble through the small, picturesque streets of Nyboder, one of the oldest parts of Copenhagen, filled to the brim with cobblestone streets, timber-framed houses, and green spaces amongst the urban sprawl. Take your time to wander through, as that is a great way to kick off the hygge experience. Engage your taste buds along the way with bites of world-renowned pastries, delicious traditional Danish flødeboller, and a cup of liquid joy. Learn how these play into the Danish traditional way of life through historical accounts from your knowledgeable guide. Escape the urban sprawl with stops in green spaces or hidden alleys, only known to the locals. Settle in for a bit of relaxation, and hear the history of how Copenhagen came to be. Take Instagram worthy photos with the stunning backdrops of this city, as well as miniature and grand castles with great views. Discover the secrets of why some people say Denmark is a utopia and fairytale-like, consistently being ranked amongst the happiest people in the world year after year. Conclude the tour with a sit-down with your group at a local café in Copenhagen to enjoy a cup of coffee. Want to explore further? Feel free to ask your local guide for personal recommendations.
IncludesWalking tour with native guide Coffee, a local pastry, and a traditional Danish chocolate treat
- • This tour will take place rain or shine, so dress for the weather and bring an umbrella, if need be
- You will be required to wear a mask when entering stores. When sitting down, the mask can be removed • Everyone aged 15 and above must present a COVID-19 passport/certificate or similar to document that they have been vaccinated against/infected with COVID-19, or have a recent negative test (within 48 hours of the time the tour ends), in order to enter restaurants, nightlife, and cultural venues