My Guide Website?
Danish Food Tasting and Copenhagen's Old Town, Nyhavn Tour
Discover the amazing flavors of traditional Danish food and the innovative New Nordic Cuisine on a food tasting tour in Copenhagen’s Old Town. Visit the best restaurants & pastry with a Local Foodie.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Copenhagen:If youʻre booking your trip to Copenhagen last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Learn about Danish history, culture and cuisine from a 5-Star Foodie Guide
- Explore the Old Town and Nyhavn and visit top-rated restaurants and pastry shop
- Don't settle for food samples, eat a 3course meal,dessert & nonalcohol beverages
- Taste more dishes and beverages, including 1 Danish beer (3,5-hour tour only)
- Enjoy a feast of delicious Starters,HotDishes,desserts,beverages,8Beers(5H only)
DescriptionJoin a Local Foodie on a private tasting of Danish cuisine, enjoy a full meal instead of just samples, and discover traditional flavors and innovative New Nordic dishes. Visit the best restaurants in the Old Town and see amazing sights along the way. Taste Denmark! Book our 2,5-hour food tour to enjoy a 3-course meal with non-alcoholic beverages. This tour is a great introduction to Copenhagen’s history and culture, especially its cuisine. Did you know that many Danish dishes were inspired by the Viking expeditions? First, you will visit a popular local restaurant where you can try the Danish-style chicken soup, the flagship sandwich Smørrebrød, which is surprisingly eaten with a knife and fork, or Danish-style meatballs Frikadeller. Every dish served will be accompanied by a great dose of knowledge about traditional Danish recipes and food preservation methods. After the main meal, your Private Guide will take you on a walk through the charming Old Town, where you will see historic landmarks and enjoy the lively atmosphere of the King’s New Square and Nyhavn harbor. You will enter one of the trendy local pastry shops for a remarkable dessert such as a traditional Apple Charlotte or Danish Lemon Custard. The tasting includes one soft drink and a cup of tea or coffee. Book an extended 3,5-hour food tour to enjoy 2x 3-course meals with non-alcoholic beverages and 1 beer, and learn more about Danish history, culture and cuisine. On this tour, you will visit 3 venues and taste a wide range of dishes, such as the Apple-pork, Danish herring dish or a shrimp sandwich! We will also serve a sweet dessert,1 beer, 1 soft drink, and 1 coffee or tea. With more food on your table you will really appreciate the richness and heaviness of the Danish recipes and learn interesting facts about the culinary trends influenced by Denmark’s relationship with France, Spain and Italy, and to a lesser degree with China and Thailand. Choose the 5-hour tour to enjoy Food and Beer Tasting in Copehagen's Old Town! This tour is the best way to explore the city and experience its authentic culture. You will visit 4 popular venues and try a variety of hot meals, soups and desserts with 8 Danish beers, 1 soda drink and 1 coffee or tea. Denmark is one of the most important beer-producing countries in the world, so it's a must-try! You will sample popular and regional beer brands as well as unique craft beers from Copenhagen. This extended walking tour will also include more attractions, such as Christianshavn.
IncludesPrivate Food and Beer Tasting Tour with Sightseeing in Copenhagen (number of tastings and attractions depends on selected option) Local Foodie Guide who is fluent in the language selected when booking 1 full course meal with dessert, 1 soft drink and 1 coffee/tea (2,5-hour option only) 2 full course meals with dessert, 1 soft drink, 1 coffee/tea and 1 beer (3,5-hour option only) 2 full course meals with dessert, 1 soft drink, 1 coffee/tea and 8 beers (5-hour option only)
- Please check your email the day before the tour for important information. Please note that the number of tastings and attractions depends on the selected option. This tour includes restaurant reservations, so it's important to arrive on time. Please advise us in advance of any dietary requirements, such as food allergies or vegetarian diets. The basic tasting includes a 3-course meal, not just samples. The golden rule is to serve enough food for the table to collapse, so we recommended joining the tour on an empty stomach. The described menu is an example only. The types of dishes will vary depending on the visited venue. We will pick the best food options for you depending on availability. The legal drinking age in Denmark is 18. The amount of beer served is as follows: popular (0,3 - 0,5l), regional (0,2l), craft (0,125l). For the best experience, we will limit the group size to 1-23 guests per guide. We can arrange additional guides for larger groups.