My Guide Website?
Central Copenhagen: 2-Hour Small Group Walking Tour32 Reviews
Discover Copenhagen with a local on a 2-hour walking tour with a maximum of 10 people. This tour highlights the rich history of Copenhagen and visits its main attractions.
- Discover 15 sights of central Copenhagen on a 2-hour walking tour with a local
- Feel like a royal as you marvel and walk up close to the Royal Palace and 2 more awe-inspiring castles
- Say hello to the Little Mermaid and hear why she’s more epic than you might imagine
- Stroll through some of Copenhagen’s most calm and picturesque parks
- Experience the world-famous Danish way of living
DescriptionDiscover the sites of central Copenhagen on a 2-hour walking tour. With a local by your side, you’ll learn about the city’s culture, see important historical sites, and stop by lesser-known gems. The tour kicks off from Kafferiet, one of Copenhagen’s most charming coffee houses. Arrive 10 minutes before the tour start time and you can grab a cup of coffee or another beverage if you’d like to take it along. From the coffee house, your expert guide will take you on a historical highway with tales that will enthrall you. Hear about the greatest moments of Copenhagen’s rich 1000-year long history. It all starts at one of the most iconic fortifications called Kastellet. From there head through a lush, green park that commemorates the heroes of World War II. Encounter one of Copenhagen’s most impressive fountains called the Gefion Fountain. As you walk past, go by a boardwalk with an amazing view of the harbor. Say hi to the iconic Little Mermaid and hear why she’s more epic than you might imagine. Afterward, visit Amalienborg and see the Royal Palace. Here your guide will let you in on insider stories about the Royal Guards and awe-inspiring tales about the royals that only those who have been in the guard know about. You will even get to play a little game that will test your observational skills about where the current head of the Danish royal family, Daisy, lives. Next, walk to the picturesque harbor canal, New Harbor. Get a very special point of view for a memorable photo. Don’t hesitate to ask your guide in assisting in capturing that picture-perfect image. Continue down a little alleyway and walk across one of Copenhagen's most famous squares. Stretch your neck back and admire the spire of one of Copenhagen's most spectacular churches. This will conveniently lead you to the palace that serves as the Danish parliament today. Learn all about Danish politics and its all-encompassing welfare society. Also hear why it has helped earn the Danish the title as some of the happiest people in the world years in a row. The tour ends here at a beautiful square, conveniently located right next to the main pedestrian street right in the heart of Copenhagen close to busses, taxis, and metro lines.
IncludesLocal guide Small tour group (maximum of 10 people)
- This tour will take place rain or shine Please dress for the weather and bring an umbrella if it's raining Please note, this tour does not start and end at the same location It is not recommended to arrive by bike unless you want to circle back on your own This tour does not enter attractions