My Guide Website?
Best of Odense Day Trip from Copenhagen by Car or Train
Discover the history, legends & fairytales of Odense, the hometown of H. C. Andersen, on a private day trip from Copenhagen! Travel by private car or train & explore the city with the best Local Guide
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Copenhagen:If youʻre booking your trip to Copenhagen last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore the Old Town of Odense with a Local Historian Guide
- Immerse yourself in local history, Viking legends, and fairy tales H.C.Andersen
- Visit EgeskovCastle, its gardens and museums with skip-the-line ticket(10H only)
- Travel from Copenhagen to Odense by train (6-hour option only)
- Enjoy private car transfers from your accommodation in Copenhagen(8H & 10H only)
DescriptionOdense is the largest city on the island of Funen, easily accessible from Copenhagen by car or train. For this private tour, we let you choose your preferred mode of transport, tailoring the experience to your needs and interests. Explore the highlights of Odense with a Local Guide and learn how this charming city inspired the works of Hans Christian Andersen. Feel the magic of Osdense! Choose the 6-hour option to travel from Copenhagen to Odense by express train. These cities are well connected by rail and we will plan your itinerary, transfer you from your accommodation to Copenhagen Central Station and provide round-trip train tickets for your journey. The train passes through the Storebælt railway tunnel and arrives at the Odense Central Station, where you will meet with your Private Guide. Together, you will explore Odense, its history, legends and fairy tales. You will stroll through the King's Garden by the Odense Castle and see cultural venues such as the historic Odense Teater, Brandts and Brandts Klædefabrik. At every turn you will discover the traces of H. C. Andersen and his creative world, passing his childhood home, museum and many monuments scattered around the city. Your Expert Guide will tell you about Andersen's life and what inspired his world-famous fairy tales. Another place of interest will be the site where Canute IV of Denmark, considered to be the last Viking king, was murdered by unruly peasants. You will visit the medieval Cathedral of St. Canute, which houses the remains of Saint Canute and his brother Benedict, and see also St. Alban's Church and the Odense City Hall. At the end, you will return to Copenhagen via train. Choose the 8-hour option to travel from Copenhagen to Odense by private car. Instead of train tickets, this option includes round-trip transfers in a clean, air-conditioned car. We will arrange pickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Copenhagen so it will be a hassle-free experience. In Odesen, you will enjoy a guided walking tour of the city with free time to explore on your own or have lunch (at your own expense). Another perk of traveling by car will be stopping at the Great Belt Bridge (Storebælt), one of Europe’s longest suspension bridges, for a photo! Choose the 10-hour option to travel from Copenhagen to Odense by private car and enhance your experience with a visit to Egeskov Castle! It is one of the most visited attractions on Fuden island so we will provide skip-the-line tickets to save you time. The Egeskov Castle is like a fairytale as it’s one of the best-preserved moated Renaissance castles in Europe. Your Private Guide will introduce you to the castle’s history, architecture and interesting features, such as the traditional hunting room, formal reception rooms, elegant bedrooms, the banqueting hall and several museum exhibitions, from antique cars, to toys, to porcelain to fashion.
IncludesPrivate Tour from Copenhagen to Odense and Egeskov Castle by Train or Car (mode of transport and number of attractions depends on the selected option) 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in the language selected when booking (only in Odense and Egeskov Castle) Free admission to the Cathedral of St. Caunte Skip-the-line tickets to Egeskov Castle (10-hour option only) Pickup by private car and two-way train tickets from Copenhagen to Odense (6-hour option only) Private car transfers with pickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Copenhagen (8- and 10-hour option only)
- Check your email the day before the tour. The 6-hour option includes pickup and one-way transfer to Copenhagen Central Station, and return train tickets to Odense. Train tickets will be sent by email. All guests must provide their full name and D.O.B. The guide will meet you at Odense train station. The 8- and 10-hour options include private car transfers from your accommodation in Copenhagen to Odense. We will arrange a standard car (sedan) for 1-4 people, or a larger van for groups of 5+. You can book a 5-people tour for a larger car. Our drivers speak Dutch & English, the guide will meet you in Odense. For the best experience, we limit your group size to 1-23 guests per guide. We can arrange more guides for larger groups. Admission to churches during masses & special events is limited. Tickets to Egeskov Castle allow you to skip the line at the ticket office. The castle and gardens are closed in the winter but the museum exhibitions remain open. Lunch can be arranged upon request.