My Guide Website?
Traces of the Slave Trade
Traces of a grim time in Danish history can be found all over Copenhagen.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Copenhagen:If youʻre booking your trip to Copenhagen last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Copenhagen: Small-Group Hygge and Happiness Culture Tour
- Copenhagen: Roskilde, Frederiksborg & Kronborg Day Tour
- Copenhagen: Guided E-Bike Tour
- Copenhagen Card-Discover: 80+ Attractions & Public Transport
- Copenhagen: Full-Day Trip to Malmö with Swedish Lunch
- Discover the city of Copenhagen at your own pace and when it suits you
- Dive into the history of Denmark and Copenhagen
- Find hidden traces of the slave trade in Danish society
DescriptionIn this interactive podcast, we will delve into a part of history that many prefer to forget. We go back to colonialism, when the economy in Denmark flourished. During this period, Denmark was a successful trading nation, shipping exotic goods throughout most of the world. The Danes sailed with sugar, spices, alcohol, cotton, and African slaves. We will go in search of traces from the slave trade and find hidden references in everything from buildings and statues to nursery rhymes and famous personalities. Along the way, we will learn much more about the flourishing trading period and Denmark's engagement in colonialism. Are you ready to be surprised? Then join the search for traces of the slave trade.
IncludesSelf-guided audio walk discovering Copenhagen The StoryHunt app uses your location to guide you between stories The tour starts at Knippels Bro and follows a predefined route between 16 stories When you are close to a story you can unlock it to reveal its content This is an audio tour so bring your headphones The tour is 4 km long and it takes 2-3 hours to walk
- This tour is self-guided This tour can be taken whenever you want to