My Guide Website?
Castles of Kronborg and Frederiksborg from Copenhagen by Car
Discover the history and legends of Kronborg Slot, one of the most beautiful castles from the Danish Renaissance period. Enjoy a private half-day tour from Copenhagen.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Copenhagen:If youʻre booking your trip to Copenhagen last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Copenhagen in 60 minutes with a Local
- Copenhagen: Guided E-Bike Tour
- Copenhagen: Canal Cruise from Nyhavn
- UK/Europe: eSim Mobile Data Plan
- Copenhagen: City Sightseeing HOHO Bus Tour - All Lines
- Visit Kronborg Slot and avoid the queue with Skip-the-Line Tickets
- Discover this UNESCO World Heritage Site with a 5-Star Private Guide(5hour only)
- Enjoy an audio guided tour of Kronborg Castle (5.5 and 8-hour tours only)
- See the treasures of Frederiksborg Castle & Gardens with an audio guide(8H only)
- Enjoy private car transfers directly from your accommodation in Copenhagen
DescriptionDiscover Kronborg Slot, a UNESCO World Heritage Site with a Licensed Guide or an audio guide, depending on your needs and interests. For this day tour we provide private transfers directly from your accommodation, so you can enjoy a flexible itinerary and see Fredensborg Palace along the way. We also include skip-the-line tickets to save you time. Explore the hidden gems of Denmark! Book a 5-hour tour to visit the majestic Kronborg Castle with a Private Guide. Every minute of this fully-guided tour will be filled with amazing stories about Dutch kings and queens, seafaring traditions and legendary warriors. The driver and guide will pick you up directly from your hotel or accommodation in Copenhagen in a clean, air-conditioned car and drive you to Kronborg Castle, which towers above a very narrow promontory between the coasts of Denmark and Sweden. With skip-the-line tickets to Kronborg Castle you will spend more time exploring the grounds instead of waiting in line at the ticket office. Highlights include the royal chambers, mighty ballrooms with sumptuous tapestries, murky dungeons, and fabulous castle gardens. See how they changed from the headquarters for the collection of the Sound Dues, the Renaissance residence of medieval kings and queens, and the Danish army’s fortress and barracks. Find out how the castle was immortalized as Elsinore in Shakespeare's play Hamlet, and hear the Dutch legend of the warrior Holger Danske who sleeps in the casemates. On your way back to Copenhagen you will also have a chance to see the Fredensborg Palace, where the Danish Royal Family spends their summers. Book a 5,5-hour tour to visit the majestic Kronborg Castle with an audio guide. A self-guided tour is a great way to discover the castle grounds at your own pace. The interesting and informative commentary will introduce you to all the important events and people that shaped Kronborg’s history. You can take this opportunity to have a picnic at the castle garden. Bring your own snacks or buy something from the castle’s cafe and bakery. It will be a relaxing and magical experience! Book an 8-hour tour to visit Kronborg Castle and Frederiksborg Castle and Gardens with skip-the-line tickets and an audio guide, and see the Fredensborg Palace (outside only) along the way. On this extended tour you can discover the largest Renaissance residence in Scandinavia at your own pace. Visit the Frederiksborg Castle’s royal apartments, the Marble Gallery of the King’s Wing, the grand banquet hall, portrait gallery, the ornate Golden Chapel, Baroque Garden, and more. Optionally, we can make table reservations for your lunch at a local restaurant. After a self-guided tour of Frederiksborg Castle your private, English-speaking driver will take you back to your accommodation in Copenhagen.
IncludesPrivate Half-Day Trip from Copenhagen to Kronborg Slot, Fredensborg Palace and Frederiksborg Castle by Car (number of attractions depends on the selected option) Skip-the-line tickets to Kronborg Castle (all options) Kronborg Castle tour led by a Private Licensed Guide who is fluent in your chosen language (5-hour option only) Kronborg Castle self-guided tour with audio guide (5,5- and 8-hour options only) Skip-the-line tickets and audio guide to Frederiksborg Castle (8-hour option only) Private car transfers with pickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Copenhagen
- 'Please check your email the day before the tour. We offer this tour as a guided or audio guided (self-guided) option. Frederiksborg Castle is included only in an 8-hour tour. Fredensborg Palace tickets are not included, you will see it only from outside. The 5-hour tour is fully guided. For the best experience, we will limit the group size to 1-23 guests per guide. We can arrange additional guides for larger groups. With pre-booked tickets you can skip the line at the ticket office, but not the line for ticket control and security checks. The 5,5- and 8-hour tours are self-guided. The driver will speak English. Kronborg Castle audio guide is available in English and Danish. Frederiksborg Castle audio guide is available in English, Danish, German, Spanish, French, Italian and Russian. We will arrange private transfers in a standard car (sedan) for 1-4 people & in a larger van for groups of 5+ people. You can book a 5-people tour for a larger vehicle. Lunch can be arranged upon request