My Guide Website?
Copenhagen: Danish War Museum Entry Ticket9 Reviews
Visit the Danish War Museum and delve into Denmark's long military history. As you explore, learn everything there is to know about Denmark's victories, weapons, strategies, and much more.
- Learn about Denmark's rich military history from the 1500s to present day
- Wonder the 163 meters long first floor hall, the longest room in the Nordics.
- Marvel at the armor and weapons used throughout the centuries
- Relax in a hammock and listen to Danish stories from the seven seas
- Experience life as a deployed soldier in a military camp in Afghanistan
DescriptionTake a walk through the Danish War Museum and step back in time as you explore exhibitions that cover Danish war history from the 1500s until present day with the War in Afghanistan. The war museum is located in the historic “Tøjhus” – Arsenal building, built by Christian the 4. in 1604 and functioned as an armory. See the shining armor of 15th-century Danish knights. Learn about the 17th-century war with the Swedes and the 19th-century conflict with the English. Sit back in a hammock and listen to Danish stories from the seven seas. Discover how World War II and the Cold War affected the country. Uncover Denmark's role in 21st-century conflicts. Experience life as a deployed soldier as you step into Danish military camps from Afghanistan. Stay alert in the watch tower, and climb into an actual PMV hit by a roadside bomb while you hear the choppers above you. The exhibition depicts a Danish camp as realistically as possible. At the Museum you can see: a ship model made of bones a 150-year-old biscuit a military car that ran over a roadside bomb in Afghanistan - but everyone survived! the world’s only complete example of a uniform from the American Civil War
- We are working hard to address issues of inaccessibility at the museum, but there is unfortunately currently no elevator to help people reach the exhibitions on the first floor It is possible to bring your own wheelchair or baby carriage, but please be aware that it will be difficult to get around in the Distant War exhibition
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFromDKK 95.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today