My Guide Website?
Copenhagen: Christmas Walking Tour with Treats and Drinks5 Reviews
Discover the magic of Copenhagen at Christmas with this guided walking tour. Learn about Danish holiday traditions, try some traditional treats and drinks, and participate in a Christmas game.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Copenhagen:If youʻre booking your trip to Copenhagen last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover Danish Christmas celebrations with a Copenhagen local
- Get a better understanding of new and old Danish Christmas traditions
- Indulge in some of the best local Christmas treats Copenhagen has to offer
- Feel the spirit of the season with activities like dancing around a tree
- Feel like a local as you play a traditional Danish Christmas game
DescriptionGet in the holiday spirit with this guided walking tour of Copenhagen. Go beyond the Christmas markets as you find out about local Christmas traditions with the help of your guide. Indulge in some holiday sweets and some tantalizing festive drinks. Meet your guide near the Nørreport transit station at Torvehallerne and begin your magical adventure. Take in some dazzling Christmas decorations like string lights and stunning Christmas trees and see a local Christmas market. Listen as your local guide shares the meaning behind new and old Danish holiday traditions. Find out about ancient traditions that date all the way back to the Yuletide traditions of Viking times. Enjoy several local Christmas treats like a mouthwatering Æbleskiver (Christmassy doughnut) and gingerbread hearts or another cake treat. Warm up with a Copenhagen’s best gløgg (mulled wine or spirit), and sip on a julebryg, a Christmas beer with a notorious local reputation. Try a Danish Christmas tradition firsthand, as you finish your tour with a fun game played by all Danes every Christmas (remember to bring small gifts for this). This tour ends at a Taphouse in Lavendelstræde.
IncludesLocal, English-speaking guide Walking tour Æbleskiver (Christmassy doughnut) Gingerbread hearts or other cake treat Copenhagen’s best Gløgg (mulled wine or spirit) A Julebryg (Christmas beer)
- Alcohol is included in this tour and will only be served to guests above the age of 18
- This tour takes place rain or shine
- Bring 2 small wrapped gifts of 10-20 DKK per person. It is recommended that you pick up the gifts from Flying Tiger of Copenhagen or Søstrene Grene