My Guide Website?
WWII Copenhagen Nyhavn and War Museum Private Walking Tour
Why did Germany occupy neutral Denmark, who joined the Nazis, and who fought in the resistance movement? Discover the complex history of World War II in Copenhagen's Old Town and Nyhavn
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Copenhagen:If youʻre booking your trip to Copenhagen last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore WWII sites in Copenhagen's Old Town and Nyhavn with a 5-Star History Exp
- Immerse yourself in stories about WWII, Nazis, Adolf Hitler, Holocaust and the r
- See the former headquarters of the Gestapo and learn about Operation Carthage
- Visit the Danish War Museum to see military weapons & artifacts (3,5-hour only)
- Learn about WWII in your native language, exploring the city at your own pace
DescriptionThe history of World War II in Denmark is complex and full of contracts so it’s best to hear it from an Expert Guide who is truly passionate about history. On this private tour you will learn about WWII, the German occupation of Denmark, the underground Danish resistance, the rescue of Danish Jews from the Holocaust, and so much more. Discover the little-known history of WWII in Copenhagen! Book this 2-hour walking tour to learn about World War II in Copenhagen. While not many war memorials can be found in the city center, other reminders of the German occupation of Denmark can be found throughout the city. Your Private Guide will meet you in the King’s New Square and take you on a walk through the colorful Nyhavn harbor, where you'll see a Memorial Anchor to Danish sailors who died at war. You will walk along the waterfront to Nyholm, one of the islands of Holmen, where the old navy base was located. Here, you’ll see a historic submarine and warship, which now serves as a floating cold war museum. At every turn you will discover new facts about the impact of World War II on Denmark and Danish society and hear the little-known stories about the German occupation and liberation of Denmark, Operation Carthage, the heroic rescue of Danish Jews, and more. Book a 3,5-hour walking tour to visit the Danish War Museum and learn more about World War II and Danish history and politics. This extended walking tour will begin in front of Christiansborg Palace, which is the seat of Danish Parliament. The Royal Arsenal from the 1600s houses the War Museum with exhibitions on military history and a large weaponry collection. After visiting the museum you will continue your walking tour through Nyhavn to Nyholm, learning more details about the war time in Copenhagen, Denmark and Scandinavia along the way.
IncludesPrivate WWII History Walking Tour in Copenhagen (number of attractions depends on the selected option) 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in the language selected when booking Expert commentary on World War II Skip-the-line tickets to the Danish War Museum (3,5-hour tour only) Private experience tailored to your pace, needs and interests
- Please check your email the day before the tour for important information. The number of attractions and meeting points depend on the selected option. Please note some of the sights are located outside the city center and it is a walking tour, so you should wear comfortable shoes. With skip-the-line tickets to the War Museum you will save time by skipping the line to the tickets office, but you may have to wait for ticket control and security checks at the entrance. For the best experience, we will limit the group size to 1-23 guests per guide, so that everyone can get personal attention, ask questions and hear commentary clearly. We can arrange additional guides for larger groups.