My Guide Website?
The Occupation of Copenhagen 1940-45 - Self-guided audiowalk1 Reviews
Experience the exciting events of the five dark years when Denmark was under Nazi occupation - right where it happened!
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Copenhagen:If youʻre booking your trip to Copenhagen last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover Copenhagen at your own pace
- Dive into the history and culture of Copenhagen
- Get insight through immersive stories that bring your surroundings to life
- Unlock stories about a place or sight when you are there
- Experience the stories through audio and text
DescriptionJoin a discovery journey through the occupation time with this sound walk from historian Allan Spangsberg Nielsen. On the tour, you will be guided through 14 key places in Copenhagen, each with its own unique story from World War II. From the old moats of Kastellet where the Germans sneaked ashore, to hiding places for resistance people, to the Shell House, which was Gestapo's headquarters. The tour offers a unique opportunity to experience Copenhagen's rich history in a completely new way and is also suitable for teaching. Dive into history and discover the forgotten places in Copenhagen that still bear the imprint of a special time in the history of Denmark.
IncludesSelf-guided audio tour in English Navigation between stories
- This tour is self-guided This tour can be taken whenever you want to