My Guide Website?
The David Collection, Art in Copenhagen Private Walking Tour
Unleash your passion for art with an expert commentary on the Islamic works of art that cover the entire Islamic cultural sphere as well as European and Danish art. Visit the David Collection.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Copenhagen:If youʻre booking your trip to Copenhagen last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit the David Collection in Copenhagen with a 5–Star Art Expert Guide
- Admire fine art, including an extensive and rare Islamic art collection
- Learn about Islamic, European and Danish Art
- Skip the lines to Rosenborg Castle and see the famous crown jewels(4 & 5 H only)
- Book round-trip transfers from your accommodation by private car (3 & 5 H only)
DescriptionDiscover the famous David Collection of Christian Ludwig David, a lawyer and private art collector, who founded the museum in 1945. With our Expert Guide, you will learn interesting facts about art, especially the renowned Islamic art collection. It can also be a great opportunity to see nearby sights and attractions. Enjoy a private art tour in Copenhagen! Book a 2-hour tour of the David Collection. Your Private Guide will meet you near the Round Tower, an iconic landmark known as the oldest still functioning astronomical observatory in Europe. The David Collection is housed in C. L. David’s beautiful mansion built in the early 19th century just outside the Rosenborg Castle Gardens. Inside, you will discover a rare collection of Islamic art featuring exquisite decorative art from the 7th to the mid-19th century Islamic cultures: from Spain in the west to China in the east, from Uzbekistan in the north to Yemen in the south. You'll also enjoy the collection of fine and applied art from 18th century Europe, the Danish Golden Age and early modern Danish art scene, with highlights such as German porcelain, Danish faience and silver, and French paintings and sculptures. Some of these works of art will surprise you! Choose a 3-hour option to book a 1-hour round-trip transfer and a 2-hour guided tour of the David Collection in Copenhagen. With private car transfers you can easily reach the meeting point from anywhere in the city. This transport service includes both pickup and drop-off at your accommodation, simply provide your Copenhagen address when booking and we will take care of all the arrangements. Book a 4-hour tour to visit 2 amazing attractions on 1 combined tour: The David Collection and Rosenborg Castle and Gardens. The Renaissance castle surrounded by the fabulous King’s Garden is one of Copenhagen’s top-rated attractions, home to a royal collection of crown jewels, coronation chairs and other treasures. Your Expert-Guide will passionately share stories about the Danish Royal Family, revealing some of their shocking secrets. Choose the 5-hour tour to book a 1-hour round-trip transfer and a 4-hour guided tour of the David Collection, Rosenborg Castle and Garden in Copenhagen. Our licensed driver will pick you up in a clear, air-conditioned vehicle and transfer you to the meeting point right on time for your guided tour. After the tour, you will be taken back to your accommodation.
IncludesPrivate Guided Tour of the David Collection and Rosenborg Castle (number of attractions depends on the selected option) 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in the language selected when booking Admission to the David Collection (all options) Skip-the-line ticket to Rosenborg Castle and Gardens (4 and 5-hour options only) Round-trip transfers with pickup and drop-off at your accommodation (3 and 5-hour options only)
- Please check your email the day before the tour for important information. Transfers and Rosenborg Castle are not included in a 2-hour tour. Due to museum regulations, 1 licensed guide can lead 1-15 guests. We can arrange 2 guides for 16-30 people or 3 guides for 31-45 people. The 3- and 5-hour options include an estimated 1-hour round-trip transfer from your accommodation, depending on the distance and traffic. We will arrange a standard car (sedan) for 1-4 people, and a larger van for 5+ people.You can book a 5-people tour for a larger vehicle. With skip-the-line tickets to Rosenborg Castle you will have a reserved time slot to enter but you may have to wait for ticket validation and security checks. Admission is for the main exhibition.