My Guide Website?
Jewish Walking Tour of Copenhagen and Danish Jewish Museum
How did Danes help Jewish people escape from deportation to Nazi concentration camps during WWII? Discover the traces of the historic Jewish Quarter and see the Great Synagogue.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Copenhagen:If youʻre booking your trip to Copenhagen last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover the traces of Jewish history in Copenhagen with a Jewish History guide.
- See the Great Synagogue of Krystalgade & learn about Jewish culture, tradition.
- Hear the dramatic story of the rescue of Danish Jews during World War II
- Learn about notable Danish people of Jewish descent
- Explore the Danish Jewish Museum with skip-the-line tickets(3 Hour option only)
DescriptionThe history of Jewish people in European countries is often turbulent, but never the same. On this walking tour of Copenhagen’s Old Town you can discover 400-years of Jewish history in Denmark, including dramatic stories from World War to as well as the terror attack on Great Synagogue in 2015. Discover the Jewish community of Copenhagen, its heritage and struggles. Book a 2-hour private Jewish tour of Copenhagen. Our meeting point is at the King’s New Square near the Nyhavn harbor, which features the Memorial Anchor to WWII sailors, so we can begin our story with the dramatic rescue of Danish people from deportation to Nazi concentration camps. From there, we will go back in time to1662 when King Christian 4th invited Jewish people to the city, and learn about their contributions to the city, from science to art. We will pass the Danish Collection, which was founded by C.H. David, who is of Jewish descent, and the iconic Round Tower, which features the oldest still functioning observatory in Europe. One of the main highlights will be the Great Synagogue, the center of the local Jewish community. You will also see the Copenhagen University and Cathedral, along with some hidden gems along the way. Book a 3-hour private Jewish tour of Copenhagen to visit the Danish Jewish Museum! With us you can skip the line at the ticket office and spend more time exploring the museum exhibitions. The Jewish museum in Copenhagen is the best place to learn about the concept of Mitzvah and other Jewish rituals and traditions. Part of the collection tells the modern history of Jewish people in Denmark.
IncludesJewish History Tour of Copenhagen’s Old Town and Danish Jewish Museum (number of attractions depends on the selected option) 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in the language selected when booking Private walking tour with interesting facts about Jewish history and culture Skip-the-line tickets to the Danish Jewish Museum (3-hour tour only) Tips on Jewish Copenhagen, kosher restaurants and shops
- Please check your email the day before the tour for important information. Please note that the number of attractions depends on the selected option. The Danish Jewish Museum tickets are not included in a 2-hour tour. WIth skip-the-line tickets to the Danish Jewish Museum you will have a reserved time slot to enter but you may have to wait for ticket validation and security checks. Admission is for the main exhibition. For the best experience, we will limit the group size to 23 guests per guide, so that everyone can get personal attention, ask questions and hear commentary clearly. We can arrange additional guides for larger groups.