My Guide Website?
Danish National Museum Copenhagen Archeology History Tour
Who are the Danes, what is their history and culture? Find out on a private tour of the National Museum of Denmark! See Viking artifacts, Egyptian mummies, hash stall from Freetown Christiania & more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Copenhagen:If youʻre booking your trip to Copenhagen last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit the National Museum of Denmark in Copenhagen with a History Expert Guide.
- Immerse yourself in Danish history, culture and heritage
- See rare objects from antiquity, Middle Ages, Renaissance, and more
- Learn about the Danish monarchy and govt at Christiansborg Palace (4 & 5 H only)
- Book round-trip transfers from your accommodation by private car (3 & 5H only)
DescriptionThe National Museum of Denmark (Nationalmuseet) is a treasure trove of cultural history. On this private tour we will take you on a journey of discovery, introducing you to fascinating stories about ancient civilizations, Viking expeditions, medieval art and other interesting topics in your native language. Come and discover the national treasures of Denmark! Book a 2-hour guided tour of the National Museum of Denmark in Copenhagen. You will meet your Private Guide at a convenient meeting point in the City Hall Square and take a short walk to the Prince's Palace, where the National Museum opened in 1892. Inside you will discover amazing exhibitions on archaeology, ethnology, numismatics, ethnography, natural science, and more. The museum features rare objects from Denmark and abroad, spanning from antiquity, to the Middle Ages, to the Renaissance, and beyond. Among its highlights you will find the Trundholm Sun Chariot, the Bronze Age Egtved Girl coffin, the Golden horns of Gallehus. The guide’s interesting and informative commentary will help you understand how these objects reflect Denmark’s history, culture and national identity. It can be a wonderful experience for both adults and children, as the guide will tailor the tour to your needs and interests. Choose the 3-hour option to book private car transfers. This option includes a 2-hour guided tour of the National Museum of Denmark and an estimated 1-hour round-trip transfer with pickup and drop-off at your accommodation. This way you can easily and safely get to the meeting point on time. Transfers are provided by an English-speaking driver and a clean, air-conditioned car. Book a 4-hour guided tour to visit 2 amazing attractions in 1 day: the National Museum of Denmark and Christiansborg Palace. We provide skip-the-line tickets to both attractions to save you time. Once home to kings and queens, Christiansborg Palace now houses 3 branches of the Danish government, making it the best place to learn about the history, politics and everyday life in Denmark. The guide will tell you all about it and show you The Royal Reception Rooms with The Great Hall and The Tapestries, The Royal Stables, The Royal Kitchen, and The Palace Chapel. Choose the 5-hour tour to enjoy private car transfers on a 4-hour guided tour. With the estimated 1-hour round-trip transfers you can visit the National Museum of Denmark and Christiansborg Palace in 1 day without a hassle. Transfers include both pickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Copenhagen. Book in advance to save time, money and effort.
IncludesPrivate Tour of the National Museum of Denmark and Christiansborg Palace (number of attractions depend on the selected option) 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in the language selected when booking Regular tickets to the National Museum of Denmark (all options) Skip-the-line tickets to Christiansborg Palace (4- and 5-hour options only) Round-trip transfers with pickup and drop-off at your accommodation (3- and 5-hour options only)
- Please check your email the day before the tour for important information. Please note that transfers and Christiansborg Palace tickets are not included in a 2-hour tour. Pre-booked tickets allow you to skip the line to the ticket office but not to the entrance and ticket control. Admission to the National Museum of Denmark is for permanent exhibition. Admission to Christiansborg Palace is for the Royal Representation Rooms, the Royal Kitchen, the Ruins and the Royal Stables. The Palace Chapel is open on Sundays. The Royal Stables are usually open after 1:30PM. The 3- and 5-hour options include an estimated 1-hour round-trip transfer from your accommodation, depending on the distance and traffic. We will arrange a standard car (sedan) for 1-4 people, and a larger van for 5+ people.You can book a 5-people tour for a larger vehicle. For the best experience, we limit the group size to 1-23 guests per guide. We can arrange more guides for larger groups