My Guide Website?
Copenhagen: Vesterbro Beer & Neighborhood Tour
Explore Copenhagen's trendiest district, Vesterbro, on a beerlicious tour and discover why it's renowned as the best spot to enjoy a beer while learning about the area's rough past and vibrant present.
- Learn the seedy history of Vesterbro
- Experience where locals live and love to hang out
- Enjoy 3 local favorite bars
- Discover that beer really makes Vesterbro better
- Experience how gentrification tranforms a shady neighborhood into a hip area
DescriptionYour Copenhagen tour starts at the city’s central station before venturing into what used to be the roughest neighbourhood in town. As the world’s most famous red-light district of the ’60s, Vesterbro quickly made a name for itself, which brought with it drug addicts, street prostitutes, tattoo shops, as well as shady dive bars. Wandering the streets today, though, you see first-hand how gentrification can change a place. We start the Vesterbro neighbourhood tour with a visit to one of the few traditional bodegas still standing that has not been completely overrun by newcomers to the area. Here, we enjoy a beer in a familiar Danish atmosphere and talk about its importance for the locals who have lived in the neighbourhood all their life. From there, we make our way up one of the most famous streets in Denmark, where you hear stories of the Vesterbro of the past. This takes us into a quiet street where you hear a drama-filled story of two siblings who had a knack for beer, which they turned into a hugely popular beer brand that resonates so well with the city’s contemporary way of life. As we move on, you hear about and experience one of the city’s amazing parks and its importance to the neighbourhood, as well as be introduced to one of our local breakfast secrets that you just must try. We end the tour at one of the locals’ favorite additions to the Copenhagen bar scene that mixes the homely and the new golden craft brew, where you’re free to roll the dice if their selection gets too overwhelming. Stay as long as you like, or, if you feel like exploring further, your guide is happy to share dinner recommendations — there are many excellent places just around the corner.
IncludesNative English-speaking guide 1 traditional Danish beer and 2 craft beers 1-on-1 recomendations for further exploring the city
- Dress standard: Please wear suitable footwear for walking, and bring an umbrella or rain jacket in case of rain. Your Trip: For your tour, you will be in a small group of a maximum of 10 people. The tour takes place rain or shine. Confirmation of booking: If you have your voucher, your booking is confirmed. We’ll see you at the start point. Get in touch if you have any concerns or require more information via the email address or phone number (business hours only) on your voucher. Child Policy: Passengers under 18 are not permitted on this Copenhagen tour.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFromDKK 450.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today