My Guide Website?
Copenhagen: Old Town Guided Walking Tour59 Reviews
Get a comprehensive overview of the old town of Copenhagen, ideal for those who are short on time. See many of the old town's most historic sights and neighborhoods, such as City Hall on the Rådhusplatsen, Old and New Square and the University.
- See Copenhagen's City Hall, adorned with symbols important to Copenhagen
- Stop at Vor Frue Kirke, the church where the Crown Prince and Princess married
- Feed your sweet-tooth with a tasting of handmade candy
- Walk up Rundetaarn, or “The Round Tower”, with an observatory on top
- Stroll along Strøget, Copenhagen’s main pedestrian shopping street, it’s the place to take a stroll
DescriptionLooking for the charm of Copenhagen that hides behind cozy street corners where a plethora of quaint, creaky buildings give tribute to a bygone era? Search no further! These old remnants of the city are like finding a needle in a haystack, you have to know where to look. On this small-group tour of Copenhagen's old town, travel back in time and be enchanted as you follow in the footsteps of Copenhagen’s historical roots, revealing the hidden treasures of the city. Walking back through history, you start off by taking a look at Rådhusplatsen, home to Copenhagen City Hall. A step further back in time will bring you to the squares Nytorv and Gammeltorv. You'll journey past the Church of Our Lady (also known as Copenhagen Cathedral), where an Australian commoner became a Crown Princess; look up to the stars like astronomers have done from atop The Round Tower, and take in the colorful facades of the houses surrounding the historical hangout Gråbrødretorv. If you have a sweet tooth like many Danes, you'll enjoy the visit to the Bolsje factory. Before your walking tour ends enjoy a short walk along the main shopping streets, weaving our way in and out of secret alleys that will bring you to a view of Slotsholme. With the impressive Christiansborg Palace, Slotsholmen is a hot spot for both royalty and politicians. There it is, your Copenhagen Old Town Walk – short, sweet and complete.
IncludesWalking tour of Copenhagen Candy tasting Private guide
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and weather appropriate clothes, and bring a water bottle