My Guide Website?
Copenhagen Marble Church Architecture Private Walking Tour
Discover Copenhagen’s history and heritage through its most important and beautiful churches. Visit Frederik’s Church (Marble Church) and Trinitatis Church, and see the magnificent Cathedral.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Copenhagen:If youʻre booking your trip to Copenhagen last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover the churches of Copenhagen with a 5-Star Expert Guide
- Admire the Rococo-style Frederik’s Church, known as the Marble Church
- Visit the Trinitatis Church built in the time of King Christian IV
- See the Copenhagen Cathedral and other highlights of the Old Town
- Skip the lines to Our Savior's Church Tower& enjoy city panoramic views(4H only)
DescriptionWhat can the churches tell you about the city? A lot! Join our Local Guide on this private tour of the Old Town to discover local history, culture and legends as told by Copenhagen’s most important and beautiful sacred churches. Learn interesting facts about the importance of religion in Denmark over the centuries. Discover hidden gems of Copenhagen's architecture! Book a 2-hour tour to explore the Old Town and visit the famous Marble Church (Frederik’s Church) and Trinitatis Church in Copenhagen. This history and art-themed tour will start with a visit to the Marble Church, which has the largest dome in Scandinavia. It's a beautiful church with Rococo-style architecture and works of art such as a series of statues of prominent theologians and ecclesiastical figures. Your Private Guide will share interesting stories about this iconic building, then take you on a walk through the Old Town, passing the wonderful King;s Garden by Rosenborg Castle. Another highlight of this tour will be a visit to Trinitatis Church, which is part of the Truntais Complex that includes the famous Round Tower. Inside this church you can admire Dutch Baroque interiors filled with art, and learn how the church initially served the students of the nearby Copenhagen University. The walking tour will end in front of the neoclassical Copenhagen Cathedral, which was designed by Christian Frederik Hansen. Book a 4-hour tour to explore more of the Old Town and visit the Tower and Church of Our Savior, the Marble Church and Trinitatis Church in Copenhagen. On this extended walking tour you will pass the magnificent Christiansborg Palace and Børsen and explore the small islands of Christianshavn, home to Freetown Christiania and the Church of Our Savior. This charming church is one of the most popular attractions in Copenhagen due to its spiral Tower, which offers breathtaking views of the city. Skip-the-line timed tickets are included in this tour so you can climb its 400 steps and enjoy the panoramic view.
IncludesPrivate Tour of Copenhagen's Old Town and Top-rated Churches (number of attractions depends on the selected option) 5-Star Licensed Guide fluent in your chosen language Free admission to the Marble Church and Trinitatis Church Skip-the-line timed tickets to the Tower of the Church of Our Savior (4-hour option only) Tips about local attractions, restaurants, patisserie, pubs
- Please check your email the day before the tour for important information. Please note that Christianshavn and the Church of Our Savior are not included in a 2-hour tour. Sightseeing inside churches during mass and special events (such as scheduled concerts) is not allowed, therefore the guide may provide all the information outside. Frederik’s Church (Marble Church) is open on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday from 10 am to 5 pm; on Friday and Sunday from 12 pm to 5 pm. Please book your tour accordingly if you wish to visit. Entrance fee to the dome is not included. Admission to the Church of Our Savior is free, except for the Tower. For the best experience, we will limit the group size to 23 guests per guide, so that everyone can get personal attention, ask questions and hear commentary clearly. We will arrange additional guides for larger groups so the price will be higher.