My Guide Website?
Copenhagen Day Trip to Malmo Old Town & Castle by Train/Car
Discover the highlights of Malmo, Sweden with a Local Guide! See the Old Town and visit the Church of St. Peter and Malmo Castle. Travel from Copenhagen, Denmark by private car or train.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Copenhagen:If youʻre booking your trip to Copenhagen last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore the charming Old Town of Malmo with a 5-Star Local Guide
- Discover the historical treasures of Malmo Castle Museum
- See Oresund Bridge and Stortorget and visit the Church of St. Peter
- Travel from Copenhagen, Denmark to Malmo, Sweden by train (5-hour option only)
- Enjoy private car transfers from your accommodation in Copenhagen (6-hour only)
DescriptionMalmo is easily accessible from Copenhagen by train and car, making it a great day trip destination. On this private tour we let you choose your preferred mode of transport, tailoring the experience to your needs and interests. Our Local Guide will show you the highlights of Malmo and introduce you to Swedish-Danish history and culture. Discover the charms of Malmo, Sweden on a half-day tour from Copenhagen, Denmark! Choose the 5-hour option to travel from Copenhagen to Malmo by express train. These cities are well connected by rail and the journey will only take 40 minutes via the famous Oresund Bridge! For your convenience, we will organzie a one-way ransfer from your accommodation to the railway station and the railway station and two-way train tickets to save you time and effort. Upon arrival at Malmo Central Station, you will be greeted by a Local Guide and taken on a private walking tour of the city. One of the highlights will be a visit inside St. Peter's Church to admire its stone carvings, ornate fixtures and a partially-restored medieval mural on the ceiling. In the Old Town, you will see the magnificent Town Hall, Kockska huset, Apoteet Lejone and other historic buildings in Stortorget, and stroll through the bustling Lila Torg market square. Another highlight will be a guided tour of Malmo Castle, which was built by King Christian III of Denmark. It is the oldest preserved Renaissance castle in the Nordics and a great place to learn about Swedish-Danish history from medieval times to present day. You will visit the Knight’s Hall, Paraphernalia, Malmo Art Museum, and more. Finally, your Private Guide will escort you to Malmo Central Station so you can safely board the return train to Copenhagen. Choose the 6-hour option to travel from Copenhagen to Malmo by private car. Instead of train tickets, this option includes round-trip transfers in a clean, air-conditioned car with pickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Copenhagen. The road trip will take a little bit longer than the train journey but it will be very convenient and you'll have a chance to stop at Oresund Bridge, Europe’s longest bridge, for a photo along the way. After your 3-hour guided tour in Malmo, you'll also have approximately 1 hour of free time to explore the city on your own, shop for souvenirs or enjoy lunch before your private driver takes you back to your accommodation in Copenhagen.
IncludesPrivate Tour from Copenhagen to Malmo by Train or Car (mode of transport depends on the selected option) 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in the language selected when booking (only in Malmo) Tickets to the Malmo Castle Museums and free entry to St. Peter's Church Round-trip train tickets from Copenhagen to Malmo (5-hour option only) Private car transfers with an English-speaking driver (6-hour option only) Pickup from your accommodation by private car
- Check your email the day before the tour. All guests must provide their full name and date of birth when booking. The 5-hour option includes a one-way transfer to Copenhagen Central Station, and round-way train tickets to Malmo. Train tickets will be sent by email. The guide will meet you at Malmo Central Station. The 6-hour option includes private transfers from your accommodation in Copenhagen to Malmo.. We will arrange a standard car (sedan) for 1-4 people, and in a larger van for groups of 5+. You can book a 5-people tour for a larger vehicle. Our drivers speak Dutch and English. The guide will meet you in Malmo. Due to local regulations, 1 guide can lead 1-20 guests. We can arrange more guides for larger groups. Malmo Castle is closed on Mondays, 01.01, 01.05, 25-26.06, 29.09, 24-25.12 and 31.12, so you will see it from the outside and visit Kungsparken instead. Admission to churches during mass and special events is limited. Lunch can be arranged upon request.