My Guide Website?
Copenhagen: Danish Folk Legends Self-Guided Walking Tour1 Reviews
Delve into the fantastical world of Danish myths and folk legends with this self-guided audio tour in Copenhagen. Admire statures of legendary beasts as you listen to strange tales of their history.
- Pass by many of Copenhagen's most famous sites while listening to folk tales
- Hear from producer HidDenmark, a Danish historical tour agency
- Do it all in an hour or linger at stops along the way
- Get unlimited use before your booking date and after it
- Use the virtual tour option at home
DescriptionThe legendary creatures of Danish folklore are more than just the Little Mermaid immortalised by H. C. Andersen. The Danish bestiary also includes such monsters as man-eating trolls, dragons who hoard treasures and fight against bulls, the heraldic wild men depicted on the royal coat of arms and the strange creature known as the ”Sea Bishop”. Even the centre of Copenhagen that draws the most tourists and traffic is haunted by mythical beasts who are seen in statues, reliefs and artwork on buildings. Yet many of these monsters remain unknown to most visitors. You can, however, now fill this gap in your folkloric knowledge with this self-guided GPS audio tour. Download the HidDenmark Monstour VoiceMap unto your Smartphone. It will guide you on a journey from the Tivoli amusement park over the Copenhagen Stock Exchange to the canals, while narrating how weird tales of strange and terrible beings have shaped the capitol of the country.
IncludesLifetime access to this tour in English VoiceMap App for Android and iOS Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- The tour uses a mobile app. You will need to download the app and then use the voucher code provided to download the tour It is a self-guided audio tour that you can start, pause, or restart at any time and complete at your own pace You can download the tour at any time, before or after your booking date. It is best to download the tour before you set off for the starting point When the download is complete, you will see a screen with a photo of the starting point and directions to it. The redstart button will become active when you are at the starting point The tour follows a set route and includes turn-by-turn directions. It works best if you start it in the right place and follow the directions from one location to the next Please note that you'll need to use your own mobile device and headphones for this tour. The tour is only available in English.