My Guide Website?
Copenhagen: Christmas Spirit Tour7 Reviews
Experience the Danes’ favourite season and see how the Copenhagen is transformed into a Christmas wonderland as cosy Christmas markets and holiday decorations take over the city.
- Learn about Danish Christmas traditions and personalities such as 'nisser', 'julefrokost', and 'lille juleaften'
- See the beautiful Christmas decorations that illuminate the streets, squares and shop windows in the city center
- Savour some of the quintessential flavours and scents of a Danish Christmas
- Enjoy a cozy Christmas-themed Copenhagen city walk with a local guide
- Stroll across the square and take in the cheerful Christmas decorations and market Nyhavn has to offer
DescriptionStarting from the beautifully decorated entrance of Tivoli Gardens, see the Christmas highlights of Copenhagen, including the stunning 20 meters high Christmas tree on the City Hall square, Royal Copenhagen’s Christmas Porcelain, and, of course, the lavishly decorated facade of the Hotel D’Angleterre. During the tour, learn about Nisse (folklore), the importance of risengrød (rice porridge), and why a single almond is put in the Christmas Eve dessert risalamande. With your guide, discover more about typical Danish traditions such as lille juleaften – little Christmas Eve, the very popular julefrokost (Christmas lunch), and how Christmas trees are decorated in Denmark. Then, listen while your guide delights you with the tales about how the famous dane Hans Christian Andersen has influenced Christmas in Denmark. Finally, taste the Danish Christmas classic: æbleskiver – delicious round pancake puffs served with strawberry jam and powdered sugar.
IncludesWalking Christmas-themed tour of Copenhagen Æbleskiver tasting (round pancake puffs with strawberry jam and powdered sugar)
- It is suggested that you wear warm shoes and clothes in many layers since this tour is outdoors, walking at a slow pace, and stopping at various sights.