My Guide Website?
Copenhagen: Christiania Self-Guided Audio Tour5 Reviews
Explore the uniqueness of FreeTown Christiania, with a history of liberty and suppression; discover Christiania at you own pace, following a pre-made itinerary on your phone through 11 key-locations.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Copenhagen:If youʻre booking your trip to Copenhagen last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Immersive Self Audio-guided walk entirely dedicated to Christiania
- Blend with the local culture and discover Christiania's unique background
- Understand where you are by accessing valuable knowledge directly on your phone
- Stroll in Christiania and discover its colourful identity
- Be led from location to location with the help of a smartphone route
DescriptionFreetown Christiania is Denmark’s landmark of freedom and cohesion and a unique example of alternative living in Europe. As one of Copenhagen’s tourist attractions, it is famous for cannabis sold openly. Yet, it tells a story far beyond the shallow image of being a drug hub. Even for tourists, Christiania reveals its meaningful story and importance for its inhabitants and the history of Copenhagen. Even though the area’s beginnings reach back around 50 years, it offers a wide range of developments and events that let it become the place it is nowadays. This tour highlights Christiania’s particularities by pointing out some of its most valuable features and details. We will follow the lively steps of its evolution through an easy walk guided by a different perspective of Copenhagen’s famous commune. This Audio-guided tour allows you, in complete autonomy through the use of your mobile phone and headphones, to discover the most characteristic and significant places of this itinerary's theme. The time needed to complete the walk is relative, as it depends on the speed at which the various points on the route are reached. The time shown refers to listening (audio) + the calculated average walking time from one point to the next. This itinerary is only available in English.
IncludesEnglish Audio-guided tour Map itinerary route (GPS) Information at every stop
- Please make sure to read carefully the email you'll receive after booking this tour, and follow the instruction received (containing a link and a passcode that you'll need to start the walk). Audio language: english Remember to respect the regulation, in Christiania is not allowed to take pictures: check the signs on site. The tour uses a web map; it is a self-guided audio tour that you can start, pause, or restart at any time and complete at your own pace The distance between each stop is around 5 to 10 minutes walking The time needed to complete the walk is relative, as it depends on the speed at which the various points on the route are reached: the time shown refers to listening (audio) + the calculated average walking time from one point to the next.