Copenhagen: 2-Hour Private Walking Tour of Must-See Sights
Take a private guided walking tour of Copenhagen exploring many of the must-see local sights on a beautiful route. This is a great city to explore by foot with lots of culture, history, monuments, and architecture to discover.
- See a majority of Copenhagen’s must-see sights on a private walking tour
- Witness the Changing of the Guard ceremony at Amalienborg Palace
- Learn about the city and hear true stories from an experienced guide
- Explore iconic sights such as the Nyhavn waterfront and the Little Mermaid stature
DescriptionThe tour begins at the steps in front of the Royal Danish Theatre on Kongens Nytorv where your guide will be waiting for you. One of the first stops will be at the colorful Nyhavn, the most-photographed place in Copenhagen. Journey down the gallery-filled Bredgade all the way to the impressive Frederik's Church, the Amalienborg Palace, and the Copenhagen Opera House. Reach the Amalienborg Palace in time to enjoy the Changing of the Guard ceremony and wave to Her Highness if she is home. Take a stroll down the car-free zone along the promenade with so much to see, including the I Am Queen Mary statue, the Royal Danish Playhouse, the Ofelia Plads, the Maritime Monument, and much more. You will soon reach the most famous lady of Denmark: The Little Mermaid. Hear the true fairytale as written by Danish author Hans Christian Andersen and see where he lived for over 20 years of his life. At the waterfront, you'll also experience the lovely Greenland Monument and can sneak a kiss on the love steps if you wish to seal a relationship. Peak through the Kastellet, a military site from the 1600s that is still active, and walk on the embankment of the pentagon-shaped fortress giving you a great view of Copenhagen to end the tour.
IncludesWalking tour Professional guide Head sets (for larger groups only) Food and drinks
- Tour includes a moderate amount of walking and many areas in Copenhagen have cobbled stones
- Arrival at Amalienborg Palace in time for the Changing of the Guard ceremony cannot guaranteed
- The tour will take place in all weather conditions
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability